Friday, December 7, 2007

100% Alcoholic

So I was all ready to be funny and creative and send out one zinger of an email today, but got side tracked just a bit. So you’re left with this one instead. We had an adventure in the office today – the fire alarm went off unexpectedly. At first, we all thought it was just another test or drill. Then we saw the facilities lady running around like crazy, smelled the smoke, and realized that it was for real. We all had to march down the stairs to go out to the parking lot. The whole building was evacuated. I did grab my coat & hat, but forgot my cell phone. I wish I had my phone, b/c there was a freaking buttload of firetrucks outside. I’d have really liked to take some pics. There was at least 6 trucks, plus a couple of ambulances, too. They had hoses running into the front door. They even had a ladder truck extended up to the roof (6 stories tall). We watched the guy get the ladder extended. He was at the controls, getting it all straight. He’d step to the side & look at the position, then go back and move it around some more. After while after while, he was satisfied. Then he disappeared. We kept waiting to see him shimmy up in the cold & rain, but never saw anybody make the climb. Anyway, we all hung around outside for a minute, then realized that it would be a while before we get back in the building. We headed over to Jimmy’s for an early lunch. I love Jimmy’s. I got my final punch on my lunch card there, so the next time I go back it’ll be free. Whoohoo! Nine lunches = approx $180. Jimmy better be able to slide me a free sammich for $180. When we returned, the building was open again. We found out that it just opened a few minutes earlier, so there must have been some people standing outside the whole time. Dumb. One of the offices downstairs was open to the hallway, so we went it to check it out. Parts of the ceiling were taken down, and holes were punched in the walls. No evidence of fire damage, other than the smell. The rumors around the office are 1) electrical fire 2) burned bagel on the second floor 3) cigarette burned the mulch outside. I don’t really care what happened, actually. I just know that it was prolly some ‘tard doing something ‘tarded. Have a safe weekend, and don’t burn up the mulch! ============================== Yes, I did score a 100%. Imagine that. http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/booze But I sucked at this winter ice-skating game. I kept waiting for the abominable snowman to appear, and Yukon Cornelius to throw his ice pick. http://www.nitrome.com/games/thinice/ They made a whole game out of one joke. Oh so creative. http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gran-prix.jsp ==================== Mikey found the most dangerous site ever. I love it. http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/7208 A whole slew of 1980s TV commercials. Reminisce at seeing these again, or laugh that the older generation was so effing uncool. http://www.giantmag.com/2006/12/tv/the-50-greatest-commercials-of-the-80s/1 happy weekend!

No comments: