Friday, March 21, 2008

is winter really over?

3pm, and I’m just getting this written up. I suck. I haven’t really been busy all day. Distracted is a better description. The week has been REALLY busy, though. Master College Waster went back to school on Sunday. He had a pretty good week home, which we ended with dinner at Mimi’s Café. Eh. They’ve got really good breakfast, and AMAZING muffins, but dinner just kinda sets there on the plate. The fried pickles are pretty good, though. Anyway, his mom still hasn’t filed her financial aid package with the university. Last year, I spent hours and hours fighting with her to get her &^$* done, but it was such a pain. She did get things turned in, but not until 2+ weeks after the deadline. No reasons, just lazy. I’m not fighting this year. He’s got the info, he knows she hasn’t done it yet, and he knows that if she doesn’t file, he doesn’t get to go back to school next year. It’ll suck for him, but I’ll save a bit of money. (oooooh! I can put his tuition money into my motorcycle savings account!) The kids are all on spring break. Mrs. Master Waster's son is hanging w/ his dad, and the girls are down visiting family with their mom. Other than the fact that I’ve got finals this week, it would have been a very relaxing couple of days. I’ve been busting my tail prepping for and taking exams all week long. One of the professors is a mental midget, and really does not comprehend the class that he’s attempting to teach. I’ve been trying to work with him on the project that he’s assigned, and determine if he really knows how to grade it, but I’m not sure if I’ve made any progress. I’ll find out when grades come back. I’m trying to switch to a new computer at home, too. I’ve been stuck using Windows forever – mostly b/c every shop I’ve worked in has been Win based. I got the new box weeks ago, and I’m trying to roll over to 100% linux. So far, I’ve been brutally unsuccessful. Two flavors of ubuntu and CentOS made me hit my head on the desk while trying to identify my video card. FAIL. Fedora found the card right away, so now I’ve got display. Can’t see the network at home yet, but dammit, I can see the monitor. Looking forward to the weekend to have a bit of downtime. The scheds aren’t fully defined yet… I think we’ve got some free time before the kids come back, but still not certain. If we’ve got another day or two of freedom, you can bet we’re gonna take full advantage. I’m just about out of here for the day. Looking forward to a good night of beer, breakage, and basketball at the ‘Hole tonight. ====================================== If it only was really this easy: http://www.thepencilfarm.com/games/snow_day/?id=1 eh. It’s a game. it’ll magically make 10 minutes disappear. http://www.thepencilfarm.com/games/witchcraft/?id=1 ====================================== Bears can’t really pop & click, can they? I think Todd might be lying to me about it. http://break.com/index/awareness-test.html My inner geek totally loved this simple little explanation. http://blog.craftzine.com/ani_lockstitch2.gif I kinda felt sorry for the dog when dude kicks it…. http://gizmodo.com/368651/new-video-of-bigdog-quadruped-robot-is-so-stunning-its-spooky

No comments: