Wednesday, July 9, 2008

a special tuesday night edition of friday

I missed last Friday’s Waster b/c of the holiday and b/c things have been a bit busy the past few days. I know, I know, I’m only working one job now, I don’t have any legitimate excuse. Sorry. Full refunds will be delivered to each of you.

So….. the questions keep coming about the final night at the bar. That’s actually the motivation for this mid-week update. The final night was just NUTS. 1000x busier than I thought it might have been. Lots n lots n lots of friends and fam turned out to help me celebrate the end of a hella fun chapter. Faces showed up from all over: Richmond, VA, and even MD & WV.

Pics are here: http://www.rhfam.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=44

Mikey D and Drew raised a pair of top-shelf toasts. Mike had the place hollering like it was Superbowl Sunday, and I’m still not sure when Drew turned into the dirty Dr. Seuss. (remember, I *am* the bacon in your eggs…) He did find and almost legitimate reason for Missy to be standing on the bar.

I owe Kiera much love for giving me time to run my yap instead of spilling beers all night long. And for not complaining. And for NOT hitting me with the butterscotch schnapps we spilled all over the backside of the bar.

So after the craziness during the shift, a whole rack of people helped clean the mess afterwards, including my Pops. We busted it out right quick, then moved a smaller group back to the house for a while before ending it all around 6am. Wow.

Other news… My classes started back again last week. Fun. Summer break is over already.

Kid2 had her sweet 16 last week. She handled it much better than I did, I think. In her mind, she’s been an adult for a couple years already. In my mind, she’s still my baby girl.

Kid1 is going thru a lot of drama w/ his mom over a bunch of silliness. I’m really happy that I’m not involved, but I totally feel for him. I dealt with a lot of the same stuff for a long while before moving on, and it’s soooooo not easy.

So that’s the deal with the replacement waster. I hope something interesting happens between now & Friday else I’ll be writing some really boring cr@p in a couple of days.

===============================

This game guesses your age, just like the carny at King's Dominion. I played twice, and (shocker!) it guessed correctly on the first game. The second time, it guessed way lower. Instructions are in Japanese, but basically you just click the circles in numerical order. http://flashfabrica.com/f_learning/brain/brain.html

Tom sent this to me a few weeks ago... I'm sure he's shed a few tears over not being included in the mailer yet. It wasn't his fault - this message got lost in the conversion from my old laptop to my current one. Tom, I'm sorry. I'm a dog that deserves to be kicked. I'm a slacker. I suck, and I owe you a couple of beers. After you see the game, and how he treats his friends, you'll understand why I really needed to include this apology. http://www.wolfcom.ca/appleshooter.htm

===============================

Other random shtuff… Futbol is SO much cooler than football: http://tinyurl.com/6jrt92

IHTFP at MIT. We put spare tires around the flagpole in high school once. (Funny) And we also made BK signs that covered the signs at the McD where we worked. (Also funny, but resulted in just a little bit of trouble. They weren't pleased that we broke security to access the roof.) http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/

Do NOT buy this crap! Putting water on a hot grill warps the surface. You don't want a warped wiener, do ya? http://www.grilldaddy.net/

Don't always believe what you see. Especially on the internets. The shadow knows the truth. http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/2008/06/zoo-shadow-of-doubt.html (note 1- The original was taken offline sometime this past week.) (note 2 - Slight warning for those of you who have a boss looking over your shoulder.)

I used to respect Disney. No more. Look what they’re subjecting our kids to! http://tinyurl.com/6gw5qd (note - this is EFFING FUNNY if you know what the joke is. If you don’t know, and you google the joke, you may be in for a rather harsh eye opener. In more ways than one. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya.)

No comments: