Friday, June 27, 2008

Game Over! Please deposit 2 coins to continue

Countdown = 1 (for the mathematically challenged, that means I work the bar tonight and tonight only)

Eff George Carlin. The big news today is all about my final night at the bar. I’m totally excited, and just a little bit nervous too. That’s been MY BAR for the past 10.5 years. I’m worried that somebody will screw it up after I leave and I won’t want to drink there anymore. (Remember when GDays Corporate forced us to remove all the memorabilia that had been donated by guests and family thru the years? Genius.)

I’ve gone thru 6 GMs over the years, worked with dozens of other tarbenders, and tolerated literally thousands of tards who were accidentally hired. I’ve met many good people, and made quite a few friends there. There are a few I won’t miss so much, either. (Josh nails it here.)

It’ll be a big change to have a sanctioned beer on the good side of the bar on a Friday night, ya know?

A quick vacation recap: Kings Dominion is improving; you can tell that Cedar Point is having an effect on the park. Dominator, was EXCELLENT, even though it was transferred from a different park. HersheyPark has REALLY improved. They’ve got 11 coasters now, Fahrenheit is great (90 degrees upwards, followed by 97 degrees on the first hill) and a kick-a55 water park that we’re going to make a return trip for sometime. Luray Caverns was / is touristy. Family pics on the mall in DC went really well; and we did some tasty BBQ grilling w/ some good people over the weekend. I really don't like being back to work.

FamStuff – All the kids are out of trouble now. Cell phones, car keys, and videogames have all been returned. Report cards arrived over the past couple of days, and all three of the younger rats nailed all As and Bs in every class. I think they knew I’d be on their tail over the summer if they finished with any bad scores. They were right. Now I don’t have anybody to be mad at.

Kid3 is out in CA this week attending a computer programming camp. They develop video games all day, then hang out at the pool and stuff in the evening. I’m TOTALLY jealous.

Back to George Carlin for a minute… that guy was awesome. I’ve stolen a lot of bar jokes from him over the years, and I got another couple from this vid. It’s kinda cool to hear his thoughts about death after he’s actually passed away.

Grandma's baking pies without an oven: My introduction to Carlin, way too many years ago. Seven little words:

I’m off to break my last set of glassware. I’m aiming for the pitchers tonight.

================================

A simple little game / waster. You’ll hate spending so much time on nothing. http://www.neave.com/bounce/

Cool! It’s just like being a real life interrogator! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/439144

Kinda neat, maybe a little too simple. http://static.onemorelevel.com/games3/arachnophilia.swf

================================

Maybe I’m guilty of some of these violations. Maybe you’re just as guilty. Maybe YOU are the reason I’m including this link today. You never know, and I’d never say anything directly to you. I’ll just chatter behind your back like a good friend should do.

Article: http://email.about.com/od/emailnetiquette/tp/core_netiquette.htm

Here’s the quiz to test some of what you learned: http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/netiquetteonlineculture/l/blnquiz2005.htm

Don't always believe what you see. Especially on the internets. The shadow knows the truth. (The original was taken offline sometime this week.) http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/2008/06/zoo-shadow-of-doubt.html

Jimmy ends the week with the funniest video I’ve seen in a long while… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3RCYnG8Pe4

No comments: