Monday, October 5, 2009

random unpaid sponsorships

It's homecoming at the high school, so the kids are all wrapped in activities thru the weekend. Parades, football, dance, and all that other funstuff. I'm doing a bit of chauffeur-ing, and some picture-taking, but not a whole heck of a lot else.

I'm really looking for a rather low-key couple of days. It feels rather odd to feel that way about a 3-day weekend, but that's the way it is. Part of the lack of excitement is bc we've been so effing busy in the office, I didn't even realize until this morning that the office is closed on Monday. I would have forgotten to check if it wasn't for the bossman telling me about his plans to go out of town.

I don't have much information to offer up this week in the way of updates, either. Just a few bits of unsolicited advertisements to force-feed into your inbox.

Tomorrow we're heading up to SterlingFest for a while. Those of you from the 'Park know about it. Nice & simple community celebration, arts & crafts, fire dept demo, candy & balloons, and a load of "save the whales adopt a dog vote for me in the local election" fundraising.

But the best part of Sterlingfest is Augur! I'll be out at the new Community Center gazebo at 2:45 for their show. They'll be hitting a few rock covers, and I'm really hoping for some original Whiskey to be mixed into the bunch.

Next weekend, we're working on a trip to the WineFest out at Historic Long Branch. It's a ways out in the sticks from NoVA, but definitely worth the drive. Good funstuff for the grown-ups ($25 bottomless glass!) and plenty of funstuff for the kiddies, too.

CrifDogs new video!
(Pretty sure I'm their biggest never-been-there-yet fan.)


= = = = = = = = = =

Dots game - does it even have a point?

BoxSpin (no, not meatspin) is a neat little puzzle game. The lack of directions made it a bit difficult to get started. Hint: change all the boxes to the same color. Hint2: if you didn't get the joke, do not google it.

= = = = = = = = = =



The 90's in just one pic.

Insects, Raid, a pencil, a good dose of creativity, and definitely too much free time results in comics made from dead flies:

I couldn't decide which to post, so I just grabbed the first. See the rest here and make your own decision over which dead bugs win.

Julie, I'm not passing judgement on your kid yet. Just realize what the future may hold...

(clickpic to enlarge)

= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: