Saturday, October 10, 2009

eff that stupid faker balloonboy

So I'm kinna happy that this rainy nasty weather has coincided with all the testing that we're doing at work. Either issue, alone, would have interfered with my bike to work. Since they're simultaneous, I'm only losing out on a week or so. I've been driving to the test facility all week, and I'm really feeling the lack of exercise. I can't wait to get back on a good schedule again.

The first week of gov testing of our delivery has gone really well, even better than anticipated. Testing continues for the next two weeks, but most of that time we'll just be on stand-by for support or Q&A stuff. Boring as hell, but it's part of the cycle. Every delivery has to go thru acceptance testing before they sign off on the product being allowed to go out to the live users.

I started back to class on Tuesday night. Since this is the first week, the workload was rather light. I'm not looking forward to having my next two months of evenings jammed up again, although I'm totally excited about both of the classes I'm taking this semester. Now that I'm in the higher level classes, they're a lot more challenging, plus I actually learn something useful. Kinna the whole point of going to school, huh?

Besides work & school, there isn't too much else to share this week. The kids are all doing well, and they've all been head-down in their schoolbooks, too.

Our plans for attending the WineFestival are on shaky ground bc of the weather. I was pretty stoked about the trip, and we've got a good crew of people planning to go, but a soaking 40 degree rain just isn't conducive to fun times.

I already had the WineFestival loaded in the GPS, too:


= = = = = = = = = =

Fat Slice, the game, is a heck of a lot different than fat slice, the punishment for beer goggling. The spider level was tricky, but that damned dinosaur level beat me into submission.

Satellites. For real. Learn something from the Waster for a change.

= = = = = = = = = =

BalloonBoy? Eff that. AtticBoy and AttentionWhoreDad. A collection of the best mashups here: Urlesque


Hey! The DC Sports Bog is turning Seth into a celebrity!


MadAtoms shows you what's really on TV.

Got to go, be right back. My mom will be rather disappointed in me when she finds out how much I giggle at this site.

The entertainment industry has misunderstood technology for the past 100 years. Every new development has been attacked as the death of the industry. Idiots.

1-cent appetizers at TGIFridays! Caveats: THU night before Halloween, wear a costume, order a drink at the bar.

From Boston's BarstoolSports... oh hells yes!


I love google. I hate that I love google; I don't trust 'em at all and they know way too much about me. But daaaaamn are they good at everything they do. Here's a tool that lets you compare bing vs google side-by-side and make your own decision.

Dom, seriously, WTH?


= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: