Saturday, January 2, 2010

over my head. again.

Yeah, I haven't done such a great job writing this year. First week was late, second week non-existent, this one's late, too. Excuses are like a.holes; everybody has one. I've got a couple. (Couple excuses, only on a.hole. Thanks for the disturbing image.)

At work, we've got two separate installations both going live at the same time. One in MD, another in FL, both are a pain in the tail. "Hectic" is a nice way to describe the crazy mega-hour hells that we've been living recently. We've faced overnights, weekends, and artificially created emergencies spawned from gloriously poor planning. Things are moving forward successfully, but only because individual heroics have overcome management's best efforts to screw things up.

On top of all the activity in the office, I've got an all-day Java certification class every Friday for the next month. The class itself is very good and very focused, but sitting in the classroom for 8 hours doesn't erase 8 hours from my existing workload.

The winter semester at Strayer started this past Monday too. I'm registered in two 400-level classes that both have a lot of writing assignments. I'm not excited, but there's only 11 weeks til spring break. I'll survive.

This weekend has been a mixed bag. Little bit of relaxing, little too much tension, a couple hours of office-work, additional hours of yard-work, and a nice dose of football. All the kids were running around on Fri night, so Missy and I got out for a simple DinnerAndMovie evening. Saigon Cafe was tasty, Avatar 3D was definitely worth it, and we were still home before the Mustang turned into a pumpkin at 10pm.

We went up to the 'Hole to watch the games yesterday. Wound up having a rather lengthy conversation about growing older. I've started noticing a lot people around me slipping away. I'm not talking about age. Attitude. No fun anymore. I don't understand what causes it, but it's happening. It brings me down when I hear about it, and it makes me cringe when I'm around it.

If you have to ask whether or not I'm talking about you, then you already know the answer. Shut up and enjoy life already.
(click to enlarge)


= = = = = = = = = =

Mice and drugs and education, all in the same game!

BrowserPong; not what you expect, trust me.

Tiger may be old news, but this game is still worth a play or two.

= = = = = = = = = =

Haiti swore a pact with the devil to break out from under French rule. As a result, bad things happen to their half of the island. Like earthquakes. Pat Robertson, you are an effing nutbag.


Dom is a poet! Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

The word "FAIL" is often overused on the interwebs. Here, it's overused in 100 different clips:


The Boise State cowbell girl is real-life blind, a-holes. Lay off now.

Do NOT go to IKEA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


Fark's best headlines.

Wax Lips. These guys split their time between NC and NoVA, and they bring a damn good show. When they're here, go see 'em dammit! Web site MySpace Video (Holly Holly Holly Holly would.)


Most useless machine ever:

I feel like I have blown myself up, and I am getting my virgins!


= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: