Monday, December 28, 2009

who defines normal?

Slowly, things are getting back to normal around here.

The kids were all running around the country over the holidays. Ethan was down in VaBeach with his dad. He just came home a couple days ago on Amtrak. I picked him up from Union Station which was a huge crowded mess. Traffic to and from DC wasn't bad, just the inside of the station was a madhouse. I think Amtrak's target audience is rookie travelers. Thousands of people, all looking confused, trying to read the map, can't find their gate, and clumsy with their luggage. Auntie Anne's pretzels erased a lot of the stress though.

Joe and the girls went down to Kentucky right after Christmas to see their grandma. The girls are driving home today with the fam, but Joe's staying an extra day and driving home solo tomorrow. Odd, but I'm rather used to dealing with the unexplained by now.

We took the day yesterday to disassemble all the decorations in the house. It's done. All 100% completed. The tree is out at the curb, the outside lights are down from the house, and everything is boxed and back in the attic. The end of the holiday is always a bit depressing, but I'm happy to get back to a more normal schedule.

New Year's Eve was a good time with neighbors and friends. Nothing too crazy, just hanging out around the block for dinner and drinks. Maybe a few too many drinks, or so they tell me. I firmly believe that I partied happy all night, then simply teleported home to bed sometime around 3am.

(Missy - thanks again for not leaving me to sleep in the truck all night.)

I'm thankful that I wasn't wearing flip-flops that night. I would have had all sorts of wardrobe malfunctions and wound up like this guy:


= = = = = = = = = =

The holidays are over, but this game is a good reminder of just how annoying Christmas lights can be.

Save Santa!

= = = = = = = = = =

Review your Facebook config here, to see what FB apps you've granted access to your personal details. I'm sure some of you will be quite shocked at how generous you've been.

Happy Christmas pic of the presents opening their children:


The TSA full of naked idiots.

Apple is full of idiots, too. They're just not naked.

ten ten TEN TEN EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!!!!


I'm thinking this was not a happy house over the holidays. Ouch. (click to enlarge.)


= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: