Friday, February 19, 2010

olympic bacon

Two weeks in a row! Two Fridays in a row! I'm calling this a streak! Not just a Ray Stevens streak, but a for-real winning streak, dammit.

I'll admit, I'm a bit lucky to get this posted. My brain has checked out for the weekend already. Megan asked if we could go skiing for her birthday. After a lot of arm twisting, puppy-dog-eyes, and bribery, I grudgingly caved in.

Actually, my answer was a lot closer to "HELLS YES!!!!" when she asked, but that makes me seem like a pushover.

We're heading up Liberty tomorrow to hit the slopes and donate blood. Hoping for some snowfall, just bc it's cool, but also hoping this wind eases off a bit. I'm not looking forward to 50mph winds pushing us UP the hill.

I'm totally stoked about the trip. The kids have only been once before, but got hooked. My sis is coming along for her first trip ever. I'm placing money that the kids will totally smoke her in the morning, but she'll put 'em in their place by the end of the day. She's got enough coordination and competitiveness that she won't let the rats embarrass her for an entire day.

Other kid news: Samantha applied early admission to two colleges. She got her acceptance to both, one of which was her "top choice dream school". I'm pretty sure we'll be filling out the admissions paperwork and signing checks this weekend. There are no real worries about senioritis causing trouble, either. The high schools have a great final-semester policy for seniors: carry a B average and don't miss more than 2 classes, and they're excused from taking final exams. It's a very convincing policy.

Finally, I've been struggling all week with which of the following images to include as a lead story in this week's Waster: Birthday StonerDog or Hilary Duff's engagement?

StonerDog's owners must have baked some very special birthday biscuits. He's in a very happy place.


Ms. Duff (1) received a proposal from Mike Comrie (2) cried a little bit (3) sent cell-pics of the ring to her friends and (4) thanked Mr. Comrie accordingly....





Then I received the best lead-item of the week BY FAR. You get to start your weekend with Hilary StonerDog Comrie, and a full understanding of just why he's in that happy place.

Thanks, Juan_Solo!
(btw, the reddit comments are effing awesome.)

= = = = = = = = = =

Good ol' redneck demolition derby fun!

Dom's sent a good car game, but it's not a driver. More of a puzzle / coordination thing that lets you control the traffic. Pretty cool, actually.

= = = = = = = = = =

Olympic curling hotties.

Iiiiiiiiit's OLYMPIC BACON! ! ! !


Good job, eh?


MagicJack, the device, works well. MagicJack, as a company though, is just another scam. Oh what, you thought any different? I want to show you something. It's my shocked face.

The problem with legitimate DVDs...


Movie industry problems, continued...

Amelia Bedelia, you owe Mr. Rogers some lovin'.


Don't turn your back on that Mr. Roger's though...


If you stop staring for longer than a minute, beauty pageant contestants say some really dumb things. Here is a collection of some of the dumbest.

= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: