Friday, February 18, 2011

call me pops

First thing every post, I apologize for not writing more often.  So just go re-read last post, and I'll be sorry again.

This time, I'm actually more sorry about the timing.  I had a few items to share that were rather time sensitive.  I've still got 'em copied below, but it's on your shoulders to do a bit of time travel while reading.  If the posts aren't funny, it's your own damn fault for not trying hard enough.

Now that our regularly scheduled apologies are out of the way, on to the good stuff...

My new name is Pops.  I got to choose it myself.  

I'm actually writing this update from the mountains of West-by-God Virginia.  We're somewhere on I-64 between Nothingsburg and Emptyville.  Missy's taking a turn driving the truck, Mom & Tam are half dozing in the back seat, and I'm letting my mind wander a bit.

We're checking off the road-trip requirements of PretzelNacho Combos, beef jerky, and Long John Silvers.  Those hush puppies are sitting in the bottom of my gut like a rock.

Pops; my new name.  We're road-tripping to KY to see Joe, his wife, and their new baby, Madison Nicole.  They call her Maddy.  Yep, my kid has a kid, makes me a grandfather.  If that doesn't make you roll your eyes and giggle a bit, you need to cut back on the self-medication.

Maddy was born 3 weeks ago at only 4lbs 7oz, but totally healthy.  No time in the NICU, and home from the hospital in just two days.  Momma and baby are doing juuuuust fine.  In fact, Maddy is already over 5lbs and steady growing; earning gold stars and double prizes from all the baby docs.

I've only seen pics so far, but she's the cutest thing EVER. So far, I've only seen pics (the camera, in this case, did NOT add 10lbs).  I'm totally wired to meet her this weekend, and to give everyone hugs all around.

I've caught some teasing about the whole grandfather thing, and it's just so off target.  I haven't felt my age since I was about 13, so the 'getting older' part doesn't stress me in the least.  I'm loving every minute of this.  I couldn't be happier for Joe & Celeste.  Nobody's confused that they've got a lot of challenges in front of them, but the core of it all is that they've brought a beautiful perfect little girl into our world.  

It doesn't get any better than that.


= = = = = = = = = =

AngryBirds + a lumberjack axe = ChickenHouse.

Just point and klikwerk.  

Multitasking.  Starts easy, then rips your brain in pieces.

= = = = = = = = = =

Look what I got for Christmas!

Football season is over.  As a die-hard Redskins fan, I'm telling myself that our Elfin owner is done throwing barrels of money on big names that have exceeded their shelf-life.  May we never see another Haynesworthless or McDrabb.


Shmitten Kitten - know what I hate/like?  Click this.  Seriously.  Do it.  Now.  The page is too big for me to copy here, but it's effing classic.  

US History observation:


Stoners always know what time it is, and that the Price is Right.



Do ya feel lucky, punk?  Well?  Do ya?

Steve Jobs' New Year's resolutions:



Olga Korbut in the 1972 Olympics.  Inhuman skillz!


Gone with the Wind, the never-before-released director's cut:


Barstool Sports' 2010 Sex Scandal Teacher starting line-up.

Don't push me, you little two-legged brat.


Special K sent me an EggsBox 360!  Can it get any more stupider?


= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: