Tuesday, April 15, 2008

if you're not saying it out loud, you're doing it wrong

(The Friday email went out per usual, but b/c I still suck nads, I didn't get it posted to the blog on time. This was Friday 11 April.)

Iiiiiiiiiits FRIIIIIDAY

Last weekend was a lot of hard work, but good friends to hang around with. Tasty food and plenty of beers, too. We rolled out almost 3000 square ft of sod in the backyard on Saturday. The rain on Sunday was a good start to get things growing, too. The lawn looks great, and the dogs love having a lush place to crap now.

All day Monday and all day Tuesday I got stuck in unscheduled meetings, so I’ve been behind on workstuff all week long. Stupid gubmint.

Tuesday night, I started back to class, too. The first week isn’t ever too hard, but I’ve got a load of work coming to me in the upcoming weeks. I’ve even got to write a research paper for a CIS class – not.happy.

The kids are all home from school today. It’s the end of the grading period, and I think that they’re all in good shape. We’ve only got secondhand knowledge at the moment, but report cards will provide validation in a few days. I have talked to a bunch of MiddleWaster’s teachers, and they all report that she’s doing very well. I don’t doubt she’ll have her driver’s license and cell phone returned by next week sometime.

We had a nice little pizza & beer party for one of the long term guys in the office who is leaving today. He’s a good one, too, I’m sad to see him go. Since MBI was purchased a few months ago, the climate is starting to become much more corporate. He’s heading to Germany for a while, and he’s got something lined up for when he returns.

I’m leaving the office in just a few minutes. I’ve got a few afternoon errands to run before heading into GDays for the night.

Not sure what the weekend holds yet…. I think it mostly depends on the weather.

Happy Friday!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Brian sent this submission … says it’s the best puzzle ever. I’m convinced that there really isn’t a solution. http://www.humorfreak.com/media/3612/Submachine.html

Here’s an addictive one with a twist. It took me a minute to figure it out. You’re the tank, but your weapon is yourself. The object is actually to GET blown up, then use the arrows to bounce around and destroy the enemy. http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/indestructotank_ae

Spidy kinda sucks. Cool to see him swallow the fly though. http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/mighty_spidy

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Cool new toys: http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/04/segways_new_rmp.html

It’s not my fault! Wah! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24036031/

Say it out loud. Click the picture to see the next... www.omnomnomnom.com

No comments: