Friday, April 18, 2008

where's waldo?

Just got back from lunch at Jimmy’s Old Town. MMmmmmmmm….. Jimmy’s. I never actually had any food there before I started working in Herndon. Jimmy’s used to be Destination Drunk for me, and now I’m a member of the Frequent Daytime Diner club. Buy 9 sammiches and get the 10th free. If you’re lucky, Jimmy Himself will bare-hand a ½ pound of fries onto the plate with your North Philly Cheesesteak.

I actually usually go with the daily specials. Today was Cajun Pork Loin. It was more “gravy” than “Cajun” but still a really good lunch. Broccorri, mashed taters, and brown gravy filled my belly just fine. Cap it all off with a pint of Guinness (done all proper with a clover in the head and everything) and that’s a tasty meal. Usually, I don’t even care that they don’t have Bass to make the black n tan. I still order a BnT, even though the best they can do is a half n half with Harp. Old habits, I guess. Today wasn’t even a 50/50, I got more of a 90/10. Whatever; if I have to stress over TOO MUCH Guinness, I guess life is good, no?

Out in the real world, I’m still waiting on grades and report cards to come in.

Joe keeps telling me he’s got much better grades this semester. I keep hoping that he’s just not a better liar now. He needs to get his a55 off academic probation so he can go back to taking a full course load. He *tells me* that he’s on track now, but until finals are done, I just keep hoping.

Sam’s teachers all have good news in their emails, but until I have the 3rd quarter grades in my hand, she’s not out of trouble. She should easily be back on honor roll. She NEEDS to be back on honor roll if she wants her driver’s license back. And her cell phone. And to get off my bad side.

Meg remains on my bad side. We’re only one week into the 4th quarter, and she hasn’t screwed up yet. Her third quarter grades are cr@p, though. Slacking, just like the others. At least she found out early that I can out-stubborn just about anybody.

E’s school reports continue to be solid. He’s so d@mn bright, I think it confuses the teachers. In class, he’s disrespectful, distracted, and just a general cut-up. Then he posts As n Bs, and it drives the teachers crazy. They just need to give him a bigger challenge.

I pulled the bike out this week for the first couple of rides. Monday was a chilly 38 degrees. Tues & Wed were even colder, so I drove the truck. Yesterday and today were bike days though, and much nicer than Monday was. I’m really looking forward to the ride home this afternoon in the sunshine.

I need to head home soon, so I have time to jump in the shower before heading to do the bar thing tonight. I’m hoping the ride and the shower will get enough of Jimmy’s Guinness out of me to be sober by the time I get to GDays.

Happy weekend!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Jacob sent two games. One sucked. This one was cool, though: http://where-is-osama.freeonlinegames.com/

The newest hardest game ever. Drained my brain, twisted my mouse cord, and hurt my eyes: http://www.allgamesallfree.com/games1079-pongout.html

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Your kid is stupid, but he thinks just like I do: http://www.shootthestupid.com/2008/04/15/your-kid-is-stupid/

TouchCat submitted this vid. It’ll only take a minute of your time, but for the guys that made the vid I’m sure it drained multiple days. http://www.break.com/index/mario-theme-played-with-rc-car-and-bottles.html

BTW – “TouchCat” is on my list of favorite nicknames ever.

No comments: