Friday, April 25, 2008

so maybe i lose your respect a little bit

I’m starting the day with a bit of advertising… I figure a little self-promotion might go a long way in this world. Besides, now that the Mrs. made me take down all my pay-per-view pics, I’ve been feeling a little ignored.

This is the new best site on the web: http://fridaywaster.blogspot.com/

It’s actually not all that new. I started adding the posts to create an archive of sorts, and to share the weeklies with people that I don’t really want to have my contact info. I’ve had a number of random people find the site on their own, and register to receive automated updates. I don’t even know who they are, which is almost a spooky to me.

Eff “don’t talk to strangers” … right now, I’m writing to complete strangers. Telling them about my psychological issues and physical shortcomings. http://tinyurl.com/58wg3w

Today is my oldest kid’s birthday. NINETEEN years old. No way. He’s older now than I was when I first spawned, got married, bought my first new car. His accomplishments so far are like a gold-star on my report card of parenting; I’m totally proud of him breaking the Sterling cycle and going away to school. He's been in multiple award-winning bands, and is on the ground-level of implementing a new frat. He’s coming home this weekend to see the family (translation: he’s hoping to collect a rack of birthday money from me.)

Report cards for the rest of the kids came out this week…. Kid2 is OUT of trouble: she’s back on the honor roll. She’ll be getting her cell phone back this weekend, and the driver’s license will follow soon. Her mom actually has the DL, they’re having some fight about some other silliness so the DL is still restricted.

Kid3 & Kid4 both did *mostly* good, with a couple of flagrant violations. Both had As n Bs mostly, but lower grades in one or two classes specifically due to slacking off. Slackers. Dunno where they might have inherited that trait from.

I spent the day working from home. Kinda sucked, actually. The weather is beautiful, but so much more tempting when I’ve got the windows open and the dogs running around. In the office, I still look out the windows, but I don’t have the urge to crack a beer and spend the afternoon out on the deck.

I totally picked the wrong day to stay home, too. I had to do it b/c I had a rack of paperwork to get done, but distractions in the office kept sidelining my efforts. But I wish it were a different day. Some of the guys brought an electric griddle in this morning to cook fresh hotcakes, and Friday lunch is nearly always shared over a pint or two. I traded fresh hotcakes for a bowl of Strawberry MiniWheats. :-(

It would have been a great day on the bike, too. I rolled 45 miles this week, and did it with a lot less effort than last week. Because last week was the first week of the summer on the bike, I was hurting pretty bad all last weekend. By Monday, I’d mostly recovered, and right now I’m feelin’ juuuuuust fine.

I do think I’ll hit the Jack once or twice before I head to the crash n tinkle of glass up at the ‘Hole. Jack is just a nice way to start the evening.

Everybody I know – have a great weekend. All you stalker strangers who have subscribed to this feed – step back! You make me nervous.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Leslie has a new job. They don’t work her very hard. From all the jokes, links, & games that she sends, I’m pretty sure she’s slacking for the gubmint now. She sent the Japanese IQ test that you can try here.

Two, two, two ads in one! Audi and Iron Man team up to put commercial space all over your game time. I didn’t finish making my robot though: http://microsites.audi.com/ironman/index_standalone.html?language=en

Competitive typing. WTF? http://play.typeracer.com

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I think Brian may have some issues: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/zombiestrippers/index.html

What? It could happen. She could be real. Peter Pan’s shadow didn’t always follow him, either. http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/2008/04/93x-impossible-babe-of-day.html

Jessica Rabbit is NOT impossible. She’s the top of my fantasy list forever. Maybe even more so now: http://pixeloo.blogspot.com/2008/04/jessica-rabbit-untooned.html

Boom. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnwYhSz2P5E

No comments: