Friday, June 6, 2008

i paid that bill, honest!

So I'm trying to get back to 'normal' today, but I'm having a hard time doing it...

I spent the day on Wednesday off-site, so my workload slipped just a little bit. No worries, just needed to catch up on Thurs. We had some kicking T-storms on Wed afternoon, and didn't have any power when I got back to the house.

I took a little nap, and still didn't have power. Went out to dinner w/ the fam (Boston Market still sucks), ran some errands, did a little shopping, still no power. Early Thurs morning, it's still out. We had to really focus on managing the situation now. The cell phones were nearly out of battery, the freezers are thawing, and the house is getting warm. I stayed home from work to perform various tasks related to purchasing a whole assload of ice and managing things around the house.

Finally power came back around 4pm Thu afternoon, right around the 24 hour mark. The house was just starting to cool off by the time we got home from my brother’s birthday dinner at Malibu Grill

(they TOTALLY don't suck)

(well, maybe just a little bit - I found out after dinner that their house specialty is supposed to be Brazilian chicken hearts, and there weren't any available).

So anyway, I'm just a little behind scheds today....

Kid1 started this week at Logan's Roadhouse, Kid2 is helping me install a new muffler on her car tomorrow morning, Kid3 has baseball playoffs starting tonight, and Kid4 is spending part of the weekend at an overnight birthday party.

Countdown = 4

==========================

games n other wasters....

Make your own digital kaleidoscope http://www.zefrank.com/byokal/kal2.html

Musicatch http://www.reflexive.com/index.php?PAGE=WebGamePlay&WGID=94

This is just kinda gross to me: http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2008/05/26/pink-chewing-gum-sculptures/

And for the most part, this little mailer stays relatively on the clean side of things. It's a challenge sometimes, b/c many corners of my brain are NOT on the clean side of things. This link satisfies one of those corners: http://tinyurl.com/6ae9fe

No comments: