Friday, August 22, 2008

nothing to complain about

I realized that I may have sounded a little bitter over the last couple weeks. Sorry. I think it’s a bit funny that I get complaints about my complainin’ though.

I really wasn’t all that upset by the strife with the lawn service, I just wanted make sure that the word got around how awful their service is. I apologize for not always being the happy little clown you want me to be.

Anyway…. Summer is winding down. My oldest went back to school already. Move in is done. He’s got a much cooler dorm this year, actually a suite, with a shared living room between a pair of dorms. It’s a really nice setup…. Heck, *I* wanna move in there.

Kid2 has already started practice, too. She’s in the color guard at the high school, and they’ve been running mega-hours of practice for the past two weeks. I might be lucky to hang out with her next Monday.

Kid3 is still in FL, and Kid4 just got back from KY yesterday. Our quiet time is almost over.

I helped my buddy move the last of his gf’s stuff into his house the other day. It’s really cool to see the relationship moving forward, b/c they’re both really good people. I teased him about not letting the dog get pushed to the side, but I know better.

I’ve got plans for the weekend hanging out with my inlaws … which isn’t nearly as bad as it sounds. Usually you hear guys crying about their inlaws, but mine are cool. Mom & pops and all the sibs are all pretty good to sit around and BS with. I think I get along with them better than they get along with themselves sometimes. It’ll be a good time. If they start bickering, I’ll just have a couple extra beers and it won’t bother me in the least.

Then we’ve just got one more week til the Block Party rolls around. I’m totally and completely unprepared still.

= = = = = = = = =

Game selection is limited this week. I’ve been busy, and you all have been pretty thin on submissions this week. Effers.

This is how I would rally (of course, if I didn’t have to worry about tickets and insurance and paying for college and stuff) http://static.onemorelevel.com/games3/madmonday.swf

Totally simple, and totally addictive: http://games.mochiads.com/c/g/crush/crush.swf

= = = = = = = = =

This is my new favorite blog….it’s a collection of pictures scammed from other people’s flickr accounts, along with a solid dose of snarkiness. I worry every day that she’ll uncover some of my most embarrassing pics. http://www.sorryimissedyourparty.com/

Jon bought me a gift: http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

Angela sent this in… true or not, I still giggled like a window licking ‘tard when I read it. http://chrispossible.wordpress.com/2008/07/10/hippo-eats-dwarf/



And Ethan gave me this just in case I wasn't stupid enough naturally. This vid suckd teh brayne right thruw my eardurms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CRAP :)