Friday, August 15, 2008

scotts lawn service still sucks

I ended last week by butting heads with Scott's Lawn Service. (last week's rant covers Failures 1-12)

They wound up refunding the remainder of my money, but they still suck nads. I called the corporate HQ (btw - MaryAnn was a total sweetheart) to get some action. I got the typical "we'll check on it and get back to you..." answer.

Fail 13 - On 14 August, the local office updated the notes on my account. The office manager said that he called me, and wrote that he issued a refund. He never called, and the refund that he noted was the (too small) amount from two weeks ago.

So I had to call Ms. MaryAnn again. I dunno who she called or what she did, but she got the ball rolling. I got the word earlier this afternoon that the corporate office would refund the remainder of the money. I sincerely hope that the fcktards that run the local office get some sort of harsh punishment for their screw ups.

===============
On a simpler, happier note, I got loose from the office early today. It was needed too, b/c it's been a hella pain in the tail week. I left the office at lunchtime, and only had a little bit of work to do at another site before having everything wrapped up.

A friend from CA is in town this weekend, so we met for lunch up at Jimmy's Old Town. I know, I know... always Jimmy's. If you had the ciabatta brisket sandwich for lunch, you'd be back for more, too. Besides, Guinness is always the best side order for any sandwich.

Tonight starts a weekend with the kids, but it's a bit different from a normal kid-weekend. Kid1 is at work, Kid3 is in FL to see his grandma, Kid4 is in KY to see another grandma. We've just got one at home with us for a couple of days.

On Sunday, Kid1 is heading back to school to start his sophomore year. This is totally freaking me out, even more than when he left for his freshman year. The last time he went away to school, it was a huge ordeal. Lots of planning and prepping and coordination and trying to make everything come together.

This year, I saw him on the road. He told me his travel plans when we rolled down windows to holler at each other for a minute. It makes sense, that he can manage it on his own, but it's just a little stressful.

Also on Sunday, a couple of friends are starting a cross-country drive in a couple of very sweet cars. I'm beyond jealous. I wanna be there when they run over a groundhog in Iowa, or drive past 400 miles of cornstalks in Nebraska.

Have a happy Friday, and don't blame me for sending this late. It was all Jimmy's fault.

===============
I completely sucked at this game. Worse than Scott's Lawn Service sucks. (note - the chick from Miami did *not* speak Spanish) http://www.languagetrainersgroup.com/accent_game.html

The title makes the game sound a little painful, but the play itself is pretty cool. http://www.blastone.com/games/vector/

I never liked Bob Saget, and I don't like his game, either. http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/game_player/index.jhtml?game=179203

===============
They found him!!!!!

There is a place for all of God's creatures: on my plate next to the carrots and potatoes. http://www.cowsaredelicious.com

Leslie explains that -less means that's what you don't have. For example, money-less people have no money. I'm not sure how to interpret this... http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/aug/13/olympics2008.olympicsrowing

Leslie got my $2, too... http://i34.tinypic.com/14bsrrq.jpg

.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I like getting it in this format, but I'm probably not the best person to ask. :P

Anonymous said...

Awe christ...now I have to add one additional step in this process. As if I was trying to waste extra time by clicking another link ;)