Wednesday, November 26, 2008

the hoff is one dead sexy turkey


Thanks to Jess for showing me how to meet The Hoff. Customize your own poster here.

Welcome to the special abbreviated Wednesday edition of the FridayWaster. Wednesday, b/c I'm off the next couple of days. Abbreviated, b/c I'm taking off a big portion of today, too.

Last weekend, we did a big ol' turkey dinner with the local fam. It was gooooood stuff, too. Everybody does up a side dish or two to go with the bird and the ham. We wind up with way too much food, but it's all so good. I love Thanksgiving leftovers, too, so the extra definitely does not go to waste.

We did the local holiday early b/c we're heading out of town to do dinner with the other side of the fam tomorrow. Supposed to be a few bodies coming into town from a couple different directions, so this may wind up being quite an event. Good people, tasty food, and a whole day of football... it doesn't get any better than that.

Friday morning, I get to play lumberjack. (Insert your best gay / Canadian / plaid / Jackyl jokes here. Or in the comments below.) I'm talking about cutting down the Christmas tree. Every year, on the Friday after Thanksgiving, we go out to find and cut a tree. Finding a tree is easy. I can find dozens. Deciding is a slightly different story. Unless there's a big hole in the side, or a family of mice swarming in it, I can't really tell one tree from the next. My selection process goes something like this...
- Not brown? check.
- Straighter than Charlie Brown's tree? check.
- No animals inside (living or dead)? check.
- No sharp pokey needles stabbing into my hands? check.

Good. Cut it down, wrap it up, and tie it on the truck. Once we cover it with lights, ornaments, and garland, nobody will ever notice that 4" bare spot on the side or the funky branch near the bottom.

Cutting the tree is a blast. Pine is so soft, that there's not much work involved. It's so easy, the kids all get to take a turn, too. They try to act too cool for it, but the act doesn't last longer than a minute or two; after that they're all grabbing to be next with the saw. Sharp objects + impatient kids = entertainment for dad.

Have a safe and happy holiday!

= = = = = = = = = =

I thought this game was going to be good. Either I'm too dumb to play, or it just sucks. Incredibots.

Cold weather means SNOT ROCKETS!!!!

Mikey taught me that Dungeons and Dragons is cooler than I ever thought. (NSFW)

= = = = = = = = = =

I'm so totally jealous of Adam Sandler. I make dumb jokes to entertain myself. He makes dumber jokes, and gets money for it. I do get a small satisfaction from the fact that he no longer has a soul.


For all the bar people: you know you're in this comic. You just have to figure out which one you are...

Mike told me he "found" this vid online, but I think I've seen him wearing the "Bluto" sock before...
= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: