Monday, December 1, 2008

all the world's a stage


From sinfest, best comic around. (click the pic if you need a larger view)

Whoooohoooo, good news from DC!

So anyway, the tree chopping expedition went very well last weekend. There was a bit of tension between the fam trying to make the final decision, but overall everyone was pretty laid back about the whole process, and none of the disagreements escalated into for-real arguing.

The tree they selected is really cool, too. It's got all the typical features that make a good tree: symmetrical, no bare spots, not too prickly. It's also the fattest tree I've ever had. Fat like Butterbean. Fat like a bad YourMama joke. Fat like it should have kankles. It's not only 6' tall, it's 6' wide, too. It's standing in the corner of the living room, sprawling out to the middle of the floor. I love it.

Me and two of the kids got new cell phones last night. They both moved up to good quality flip phones, and I entered the world of CrackBerry. I've been very happy with my Treo700P for the past few years, but the machine has been slipping lately; slower and slower, and not as reliable anymore. I would have liked to move up to a current Palm option, but there's not much to choose from. Palm OS is EOL, and the Centro hardware just does nothing for me.

So now I'm a CrackHead. Actually, I'm worried about being a CrackHead. Don't wanna! I use my phone for everything, but I don't live for it. It's just a really good tool. My Treo was that pocketknife that you've had for 15 years; the knife that has jimmied open door locks, whittled wood, gutted fish, and cuts a slice of apple during lunch.

CrackBerries seem different. People are weird about that shit. They LOVE their effing phones. They give me a whole new mental picture for "phone sex". I was researching phones, and one loser wrote "I am nothing without my BlackBerry, and my BlackBerry is nothing without me." Somebody needs to get laid already, and not by setting the ringer on vibrate.

Beyond the tree and the phones, the rest of the week has been pretty drudging. Work has been heavy, school has been boring. The short week last week made this one seem even longer. No worries, now that it's done.

Happy weekend!

= = = = = = = = = =

OK, it's been a while since I've had any REALLY good games. A bunch of the wasters over the past couple weeks have been a real waste of good blogspace. Auditorium will make up for all that wasted time wasting, and provide a legitimate reason to waste company resources. (The directions are a bit weak. Basic concept: use game objects to redirect the sound waves over the meter to make the level meter rise to the top.)

Climb the dead.

Draw my thing. (Yes, I did giggle when I wrote that.)

= = = = = = = = = =

Obama really does get it. An announcement on his blog declares that his website, change.gov, is licensed for open use under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0. Officially, permission is granted to SHARE or REMIX anything on the site.

Leslie's Christmas Wish List.

MMA arm wrestling? WTF?

Santa's gmail was hacked.

This little kid wrote a book about talking to, and understanding, girls. Strange thing is, I think he's got it all figured out.

I can't translate the text, but the pictures tell me that the king of all muscledorks is living in the Netherlands. UPDATE! Google proves the theory right when you read the site translated into English!

Sometimes my problems don't seem all that bad. Other times, they write songs about me.


= = = = = = = = = =

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that Dutch muscle guy...does it say he worked in a TAMPON factory?!!

Master Waster said...

That's exactly what it says. It's a dirty job, but some corn-rowed muscle-bound fool has to do it.