Tuesday, December 16, 2008

those effing LED tail lights

The new LED style tail lights bother the eff out of me. I hate the flickering strobe effect, especially when an LED car is in the middle of a pack of cars with normal tail lights. Every time my eyes move from one item to another, the trail of dot.dot.dot.dot strobing LEDs gets under my skins and worms around all my nerves. It's like morse code for "pain in my ass".

I've chatted about this with a couple people recently, and realized that it doesn't annoy everyone as much as it annoys me. Most people don't even notice the flickering at all, and think I'm a nutjob.

Now I'm all curious about whether my eyes see things too slow, or if my brain interprets the visual signals too slow, or if there's some disturbance on the optic nerve as the signal travels from my eyes to my brain. I wanna know what's wrong with me!

The other day on the beltway, I snapped a pic of the strobe effect. At least in this case, I know I'm not a nutjob.

Am I alone on this?


= = = = =

No comments: