Monday, December 8, 2008

pleeeeez let it snow soon


(Original found on TheBeast.)

I've got so much to share this week. Nothing important to be sure, just lots of junk. There's just been a buttload of stuff going on in the world, and I've been getting a lot of quality submissions too. Maybe my friends are just getting funnier? I try to share only the highest quality low-brow silliness, so let me know if my standards are slipping.

Home and work and school and fam stuff are all entering holiday mode. All the decorations are done; nothing left to prepare but shopping and wrapping. And paying the invoice.

Kid1 is taking his last finals today, and driving home tonight. He'll be home for about a month (maybe longer, depending on the grades I haven't seen yet.) I've got my finals next week, then my classes are on winter break for a couple weeks, too. We're not going anywhere for the holidays, but we're all taking a few days' break from work to just hang out with the fam.

On a sad note: No Christmas party this year. It's become a regular thing over the past few years, but it's just not happening this time Scheds have just been crazy busy at home for the recent months, and the First Lady simply isn't prepped to hostess the festivities. I could do it myself, but my hosting skillz don't extend much farther than making sure that alcohol > guests and there are multiple types of Doritos available.

We had a teasing of snow the other day, and whispers of more in the forecast. Snow puts me in the holiday spirit, but NSFW advent calendars are why Christmas is my favorite time of the year. (check that link daily)

= = = = = = = = = =

Some of us feel dumb on a regular basis. Playing Endice will make all of us feel like short-bus riding window-lickers. (Hint: the "easy" levels are a LIE!)

Drawminoes has the potential to be fun & creative, but it's just a bit too slow to get anything done. Some of the 'favorites' are interesting though, mostly b/c somebody else has already done the boring part.

Ninja Line Rider!

= = = = = = = = = =

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't. The Socratic method will help you understand. It's all about those two-fingered aliens.

Goodbye, Bettie Page. You managed to combine being a classy lady AND a dirty girl at the same time. Much love.

Hoh-Lee CRAP! I'm trying to describe these guys, and Hoh-Lee CRAP is the best I can do. Not so often that I'm at a loss for words, but this? WOW.


Jen sent this to me, and I thought it was just Entertainment Tonight schlock until I clicked the link. Jennifer Aniston is 40 years old and is smokin' hot!
Interview
Eff the interview, here is the slideshow.

I'd so totally win.


Taking the fun out of all the best kid games.

1980s Saturday morning cartoon theme songs.

Laura found this vid.... I'm not sure if she was trying to make a contribution to the blog or trying to send me a warning.


Another transparency development from Obama: docs from external groups meeting w/ the transition are posted online for review and comment. Totally cool.

(giggle - no more Bush!)


Mmmmm... bacon.

Eddi's closing this week's session with some of his hometown Düsseldorf music. Die Toten Hosen (The Dead Pants!) have a new album out: In Aller Stille (In Silence). The songs rock, and the video kicks ass!
= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: