Friday, January 16, 2009

just a few more days...

Things seem to have been rolling from one focus to another, with not a lot of down time in the middle. Thanksgiving -> Christmas -> New Years -> Back to School -> now, which is a long weekend culminating with Obama's inauguration on Tuesday. It just makes the time seem to zip past, without much savoring of the experience.

I'm in the middle of another busy week again. I know everyone's tired of hearing me whine about it all, so I'll keep the details to myself. Basically, day job is really busy. Side job is really really busy. (Me & a few friends are upgrading the network for a private school). Kids are making me crazy, especially now b/c of midterms. Kid1 still has plans to head back to school tomorrow evening.

Now for the fun and not-so-busy stuff: we went to the Metallica show last night. I hadn't seen them in many many years, and they put on a hella good show. We didn't have floor tix, although my buddy and his girl knew one of the security guys and got access. The stage was set in the middle of the arena, and the band was hooked up wireless so they could work all around. Lars' drum kit was on circular riser right in the center of the stage; the riser rotated between each set.

Overall score: 9.5 out of 10. They lost .5 from my judging b/c they played "One" too early in the evening. I'm sure James knows it's my favorite, and should have waited to bring it out in the closing set.

I took vaca today, recovering from the show last night and leading into the long weekend. I've got Mon & Tues off next week, too. We're heading up to PA for a couple of days skiing with the kids. They've never been, and I've only done it a couple of times, so I'm expecting at least one trip to the First Aid Station. It'll be a good time, and I'm totally stoked to make my first faceplant in the snow.

We'll be back home in time to watch the Inauguration. I thought for a while about heading downtown, and just couldn't really justify it. Things are going to be way crazy, and the weather is going to be balls-out cold, so we decided to have a few friends over during the day and just watch the show on TV. Good times, good people, and just a few more days to good riddance to bad rubbish.

= = = = = = = = = =

Donations have been really weak lately... get out there and find me some goodies, dammit!

Scriball is annoyingly easy, until you realize that it's so effing difficult.

Why do cute little kittens have to turn into cats?

= = = = = = = = = =

Jules sent this one... she found a site that is collecting all the tards for us in one place. It's much easier to laugh at 'em when they're in bunches. You Suck at Craig's List.

Oh, look! Another tard!

Not a tard at all. I don't care a lick if we missed the holiday or if the season has passed; I'm jealous of the creativity here. Wow. Just wow.

Duh of fortune:


One more thought before I go.... please be safe. Don't play with fire, don't run with scissors, and definitely:
= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: