Friday, January 16, 2009

one amazing week

heh-heh-heh
(click the pic to view)


Read the headlines... all 400 of em!

Whooooohoooo this has been an amazing week. We took off to PA for the weekend to take the kids skiing for their first time. We were a little nervous b/c of the frigid temps on THU and FRI, but things worked out perfectly for the weekend. It snowed on both SAT and MON, but the temps were just barely below freezing. We spent the entire day SUN up on the mountain, and really didn't suffer the cold at all.

The kids took to the sport like naturals. They're all relatively coordinated already, but after the single intro lesson every one of 'em surpassed my expectations. They were zigging and zagging like they'd been there 100 times before. I'm not so old that they can dust me yet, but another couple of years, I'll have to spend the day in the lodge with the rest of the fogies.

All the rats are in love with skiing now, and asking when we'll go back. I'm already entertaining thoughts of a kid-friendly day trip before the end of this season. Gimme a holler if you're interested in tagging along.

We got home Monday, in time to share the Inauguration events with a few friends. I don't know what I can say to describe how amazing it was. Happy times shared with family and good people.

President Obama is busily tearing apart all of the violations of the Constitution that King George fostered. I'm sure it scares some people, and I'm sure it disappoints others, but it's the right thing to do.

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our founding fathers faced with perils that we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake."

Now it's Friday of a short week, and I'm busting tail to get out the door as soon as I can. I've had 5 days of work crammed into 2.5 days of being here, and I'm toast. We've got nothing big on the scheds for this weekend, and I'm rather looking forward to keeping it that way.

Happy Friday!

= = = = = = = = = =

Checkers has never been such a pain in the ass before. Move the mouse to stack chips of the same color, then click to take the score. Taller towers = more points. Clear the screen to move to the next level.

WINNER! ! ! ! Abuse the rag dolls, fire cannons, and experiment with logic AND physics. This game will steal your afternoon.

= = = = = = = = = =

Respect. Thank you, Jess.

Differences between men and women - the flowcharts.

Bush drops the bush-shit, no more ranch.

Superbowl = all new beer commercials.

Wiiiiiiiii... wii...wii...wii.wii.wii.wiiwiiwiiwiiwiiwiiwii...wiiiiiiiiiiiiii:


Tattoos to avoid. I may be guilty, and I'm not going to mention all the tramp-stamps on the people reading this blog right now....

How to make your resume not suck. You know the job market is skinny now; don't pretend like you're not concerned.

MetalliCat plays the coda for us this week:
= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: