Monday, January 26, 2009

obamacon

I don't always whine and complain about life, kids, work, and politics. Sometimes, I just want to be nice.

A friend of mine lost her grandma over the holidays. Gram suffered from Parkinson's for a long time before passing. Kristin is doing a fundraiser walk in NY to raise money to find a cure. This edition of the waster is NOT free, please click the link and make a donation. (btw - gram was a bit of a hottie in her day.)

OK, done with the niceties now. This week has been HELL.

The big snowstorm in the middle of the week would normally have put a smile on my face. I skipped work for two days, but filled the time by working on a huge side job that I fell into. I also did a bit of stuff around my house, and my momma's house too. I think I worked more playing hookie for two days than I would have if I just took my monkey-ass into the office. Plus, I got a flat tire on my truck in the ice on WED. Ugh.

Side job info - me and a couple friends are setting up the entire network infrastructure for a 150 student private school up the road. Give me a holler if you want to hire us to come wreck your computers, too. For real.

Kid1 is still down at school. He told me he registered for a couple more classes, enough to be considered full time, and be allowed to keep his FinAid and dorm room. I haven't seen the records yet, so I'm not sure how all the money shook out for him. All I can do is wait and watch.

Kids2,3,and4 are all doing well in school and at home. None of them are on my fighting side at the moment. Kinda cool that I'm not mad at any of 'em right now. It makes me wonder what they've done that I don't know about yet. Anyway, report cards come out next Friday... we'll see who stays on my good side after that.

The weekend is looking pretty laid back. A couple of the kids are gone tonight and tomorrow, so we've only got #4 for dinner tonight - we'll find something cool to do. Sunday is my nephew's 16th bday party, so we're making a trip to hang out with the fam for the day. Sunday night, we'll be hanging w/ the neighbors for a bit of superbowl festivities.

Happy Weekend!

= = = = = = = = = =

Obamacon Me! The galleries are awesome, plus you can make your own!

Mikey found a little bit of Superbowl spirit in this game.

And this one came from a couple of people, but I couldn't get it to load. See if you have better luck here.

= = = = = = = = = =

Hacking highway signs: Zombies ahead!

Google helps you find out if your ISP is interfering with your traffic. Test your connections to the tubes of the interwebs here.

I totally understand the iPhone now.


Mikey is gonna burn for this one. (sorry for giggling. I really am 12 years old sometimes.)

Finally, WTF? Eric's friends are WEIRD. It gets good after the first minute.


= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: