Monday, March 16, 2009

ODU sucks

Whoooooops!
(I've seen this highlight about 400 times already, and I'm still giggling.)


With NCAA basketball tourney going on right now, I'm sure most of you don't need any help wasting the afternoon. I'm not wasting much time writing today, either. So here's the quick and dirty of the week in Wasterland...

My struggles with ODU continue. The local campus is closing in May. All the advisors there are busy managing the existing students that are being displaced, so they're not meeting with any new students. I've been trying to extract details with a few less-than-responsive people at other campus locations.

The biggest problem: ODU has a large number of "distance learning" programs, but "distance learning" is a misnomer. Students still need to attend class, on campus, at a specific time. The class is taught by a "distance professor" via streaming video. The intent of the program is to save ODU money, rather than providing a benefit to adult students with tight schedules.

I'm pretty sure that I'm scratching ODU, although I haven't made the final decision just yet.

Kid1 got a job!!!!
He started working at DQ the other day. I'm not sure he'll be able to make enough to pay his tuition by the end of the semester, but it's a move in the right direction.

Kids2,3,& 4 all had interims come home from school.... and they're all kicking serious tail. All 3 have As & Bs in every single class. It's really awkward at home now, b/c I don't have anything to yell about.

Happy good weekend!

= = = = = = = = = =

Amanda shares her feelings on the banking industry buyout. (requires registration, just use a fake email address.)

Worst game ever. Simple. Boring. Crappy graphics. Bad music.
I'll feel a little extra rewarhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifd knowing that you wasted your worktime for this.

heh-heh... they said "wood".

= = = = = = = = = =

I've gotten a LOT of submissions over the past couple of weeks, which I totally appreciate. I do have to weed out some of the flotsam though. Seth found the perfect way for you to self-filter your submissions: top 99 things on the interwebs that you should have already seen 99 times. If your great find is on the list, you're too effing late. Send it to Aunt Millie in NH instead.

Popcorn Sutton is king of the moonshiners, redneck to the core, and funny as shit! And dead, too.


Julie says your tattoos suck!

Find even more tattoo suck here.

Jimmy sent me a pic that his mom snapped when he was still in pre-school...


I got all excited when Laura sent me this dirty link. I thought she was using my definition of the word.

Nothin' says "love" more than wearing it on your t-shirt (in your mug shot). Thanks Mike!



= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: