Tuesday, March 3, 2009

survived the teenagers!

I know I complain a lot about working too much. This week has kicked my tail, but I'll let you fill in your impression of me whining here _________________________.

I know I complain a lot about not getting the Friday waster done on Friday. Wait, sorry, that's YOU GUYS. I'll fill in my impression of you here _________________________.

Seriously, though, this has been a hella crazy week. I've been butting heads trying to get one of our servers to play nice all week long, and it just won't behave. I'd almost rather try to deal with a teenager than to mess with this stupid thing any more. (If you're curious, it's a sandbox install of our sourceforge / subversion environment, which we're trying to upgrade next week. I knew you cared.)

Happy note 1 - The birthday party was excellent last Friday. The grown-ups were the kitchen, bar, and waitstaff for the kids, so the kids had a blast telling us what to do. The games filled the evening, and they were all worn out and ready to crash by about 1am.

Happy note 2 - Kid1 is on his way home for spring break. I'm still pretty sure he's in arrears with his school payments, but he's made it all the way to spring break without getting sent home. We'll be hanging out a bit this weekend, and maybe I'll be able to get a bit of inside scoop on his situation.

Happy note 3 - The sun is shining and the weather is great! I think I'm pulling the bike out of the shed tomorrow. I haven't ridden all winter, and I'm def feeling a bit out of shape. I'm sure the first ride of the year will kick my tail, but it'll be a good kick.

Happy note 4 - My birthday is coming up next Monday. My body will officially 25 years older than my brain.

Other stuff...one of Missy's co-workers is celebrating her birthday this evening. We're meeting up at ATR in RTC for dinner, then heading to the bar for the rest of the evening. Gimme a ring if you want to pretend it's my birthday party too.

= = = = = = = = = =

I'm short on games. I *have* received donations from a few people, I'm just slacking on getting them posted. I'm sorry for sucking so bad. I'll get caught up soon, promise.

Ninja

Puzzles

Magic Pen

= = = = = = = = = =

Sucky retail employees.

After reading the police report, I totally understand why Chris Brown deserves a second chance. That bitch should know better than to touch a man's cell phone.

I've always like live music, but could never really define specifically why I like it more than the original. There's also a lot of pop music that just grates my nerves - way beyond "don't like". The ClickTrack may explain it.

This is just too effing amazing. It makes me wonder where the technology will be by the time I get old and start going blind?

A bunch of idiot politicians in Illinois decided that when Pluto is over their state, it IS a planet. Jeenyusses.

Even the best strippers have to start somewhere.

Pole Dance Face Plant

Ummmm, yeah. Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun. And this.



= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: