Tuesday, March 24, 2009

wanna see my banana?

DeNise, this image has haunted my sleep the past few days. Thanks...


So much time, and so little to write about! Wait... strike that, reverse it.

I've had a dreary week - spent a couple days locked in the bowels of a gov site, and had a couple more days of rainy bleh weather. Today the sun is shining, I've had the Bosstones playing all day, and I'm trying to bust outta here asap to get in a couple miles on the bike this afternoon.

I got the bike out of the shed two weeks ago. Got everything tuned up and ready to start riding to work again, but just haven't had the stars line up yet. Between working off-site, and dramatic swings in the weather, my bike hasn't left the basement much at all. I'm seriously entertaining the thought of two triathlons this summer, but if I don't get my lazy ass in gear soon, I won't be able to run down the hall to the beer-fridge without losing my breath.

On the topic of breathing ... today I mark 9 months without a cig! ! !

We're going to a wedding tomorrow with a bunch of old tarbending smoking drinking friends. I'm REALLLLLLY excited about the whole event. We're lucky be friends with both halves of the couple, and couldn't wish anything better for either of 'em. They've got people coming in from all over the country, so there's a chance that it'll turn into a whole wedding weekend.

It'll be a hella good party, too. The last couple bartender weddings have included multiple kegs, boxes of wine, illicit Smirnoffs, trading 1/2 bottle of Chivas for a full bottle of Jack (which we kicked! Shelley!), and drinking the entire Dulles Hyatt out of Bud Light.

I don't get out to play nearly enough since I stopped breaking glassware at The Hole. Every now and then I get a little taste, but it's not enough to catch up with everyone that I want to catch up with. I hear bits n pieces, swap a bit of email, maybe text a little bit, but I really miss that world. *sniff*

I realize how depressing that last paragraph sounds. I'm not whining, honest. I'm happy to be able to take off this afternoon and go play in the sun, then chill with the fam later tonight. I came out on the good end of the trade, and I know it.

= = = = = = = = = =

I think they've got the concept of winning this game a little mixed up.

Rock, paper, scissors... the high stakes version.

I know a few people who drive it like they stoled it.

= = = = = = = = = =

Kitten huffing!

Pranking google maps.

Sturgeonface.

You know, I've made mistakes, I've had my ups and downs
My ins and outs, my share of bad breaks
But when it's all been said and done
I raise my beer and I swear God it's been fun...


= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: