Saturday, June 27, 2009

out of hiding

Yes, I missed writing an update last week. I had to do a lot of workstuff before being able to entertain, and I figured with the holiday not many people were suffering in the office on Friday afternoon. I'm sorry for acting like a grown-up, but sometimes I don't have much choice. Full refunds will arrive in your inbox shortly.
(click the pic to enlarge)


Before I start my yammering, I need to apologize to anyone who doesn't get a shout out or credit for submissions this week. I'm honestly putting about 10% effort into this edition of the Waster, which is a good 5% less than normal. Some lapses in quality are expected.

First though, to get your brain back in the mood, check out the ad below. Eh, nothing exciting. Look again. Once you notice one instance, you'll understand. Mmmmmmhmmmm. After you get on my wavelength, you're allowed to continue reading....
(click the pic to enlarge)


OK, now that we're sharing a brain, I'll release the logjam of updates.

Many of you asked about "Fripples", as mentioned in my reference to the pic of Farrah Fawcett. Fripples are frozen nipples; or simply "high beams". Clear now? If not, please return your eyes to that pic above, until your mood is proper. Thanks.

June 27 was my one-year anniversary of not smoking. None nada zippo zilch goose-egg. Not even a sneaky puff off of somebody else's cig. I can't touch it, bc I still really miss it.

It was also my one-year anniversary of retiring from the bar down at the 'Hole. I miss that even more than smoking (but there's no way I could ever tend bar without lighting up). I promised myself, and a lot of other people, that I'd return to hang out a lot as well as occasionally pick up a guest-shift behind the bar. Fail x 2. I haven't tipped a glass there nearly as often as I would have liked, and didn't even work a single shift. (Maybe one football Sunday this year? Note that I have to ask permission bc it's not my bar anymore.)

The NC trip was an overall success. We're in touch with a couple of realtors, and have identified a few properties to investigate further. At the moment, we've narrowed the choices to Robeson, Scotland, or Moore counties. Next step is to get into more boring levels of detail, such as how deep we have to drill to get water.

The FirstLady was sick all of last week with the flu. The for-real flu, not the made-for-TV swine flu, & not the stay-home-from-school bellyache. I'd never seen anyone with the flu before, and it was rather odd. No nastiness, no hurling, no yarfing, just an overall feeling of bleh that lasts for over a week. She's all good now.

Kid1 is not returning to university in the fall. They finally called him out on not paying for the spring semester, so he's in a bit of a jam. He has stepped up his work ethic a bit, though, and is busting his tail at 2 jobs to get his finances back in order. He's living at momma's house, and registered at the community college for the fall. His plan is to straighten out money and grades, so he'll be able to go back to the dorms as soon as possible. I'm there to help him, but I'm not carrying him any more.

I started back to school this week. One week break between spring and summer semesters is not enough. wah.

I've got a drywall repair project to do this weekend. I hate drywall. Stupid dogs. We lock 'em in the laundry room when we're not home, and they have access to the backyard thru a little dog-door. One of the dog-tards was scared witless by the fireworks, so she dug a hole right thru the laundry room wall out into the house. Grrrrrr.

Kid2 is in driver's ed / behind-the-wheel this week. Finally. I'm pretty stoked that we'll have another taxi driver in the very near future. She got her SAT scores back the other day, too, and was totally happy with the results. All numbers are right in line with the schools she's planning on. And we celebrated her 17th birthday last week. Only 51 weeks til I stop paying her portion of child support (and, following the pattern of Kid1, only 45 weeks before my ex takes me to court again for an increase on Kid4).

I added a swim to my regular workouts this week. I started hitting the pool for 30 mins in the morning before work, and it's totally kicking my tail. I failed this morning bc I was just too whipped to get out of bed early enough to make it to the pool. I'll be back in the water tomorrow though. Promise.

HAPPY FRIDAY! ! ! !
Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

= = = = = = = = = =

Game time (I need more submissions, please...)

Get the kitty.

The Smoking Gun provides a game with prizes and a deadline! Guess the band from their backstage snack demands by 4pm today...

Incredibots 2. Just as annoying as the first iteration, but potentially sucking more time.

= = = = = = = = = =

World's strongest cooter? I'm waiting for the finals to be televised on SpikeTV.

This is why I love tennis!


A sampling of tattoos, and how they translate to reality.

Rock star sex stories

Do what with lysol?!?!?!?

I've always liked Tiger, bc he just gets out there and does his job. Michael Wilbon supports my case.

Tech and financial things to understand about gas stations, gas, and your car.

The next big romantic thing for redneck couples: combine a luxury cruise with a hunting trip. Only this hunting is juuuuuust a bit different.

In case the past week of media coverage has helped you forget, here is MJ's other legacy.

One final MJ thought before I'm done with him: Michael Jackson is dead, not just to me, but to everyone.


One final Sarah Palin thought before I'm done with her: She still doesn't make any sense. Not then, not now. Goodbye.

Any last words?
The parting words of men and women on their way to the (allegorical) gallows. I didn't expect much from this link, then I got sucked into reading dozens upon dozens of 'em.

= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: