Tuesday, June 9, 2009

she must be an angel

Today the First Lady and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary!

Believe me, I'm just as shocked as you are. I know I'm a pain in the tail to live with. I wouldn't have the patience to deal with me for 5 weeks, much less 5 years. I think the over-under at the Hole was about 7 months. But she does, with a smile, and I don't know what I could have done to deserve to be so lucky.

She wakes me in the morning and dresses me all grown up and nice. Gets me out the door on time with a fresh lunch every day. Takes care of my babies like they were her own. Runs the house and keeps my toddler-level attention span in focus. Puts me to shame at how hard she works.

And did I mention that she is sssssmokin' hot?!?!

We started hanging out a dozen years ago. Both of us were fresh out of other marriages, and were happy to stay single forever. Shoot, it was a long time before we even realized that we'd become boyfriend & girlfriend. It just kinda happened that things became exclusive, and a whole relationship jumped out of the cake like it was a surprise party.

Somehow, she tricked me into the whole engagement thing. I still haven't quite figured it out. We were vacationing at OBX. Took a sunrise walk down to the beach to watch the dolphins, and when we got back there was a sparkly on her finger. If I'd have known then what I know now, she would have had gotten that ring right after the Toadies concert at Daytona's.

M - I want to make you near me always.

(Pssst.... please don't tell her about her gift. It's a surprise.)

= = = = = = = = = =

Kinna like finding Waldo, but with famous people instead. (Note that you can link to the answers from the same page, but let your brain crawl out of its hole for a minute before giving up, k? It'll feel good.)

Boomstick, but with rules (and less boom).

Geometry + Crayolas + qix = ColorFill

= = = = = = = = = =

Axl, and the rest of the not-so-hot-anymore heartthrobs.

Ken Block, Gymkhana 2 video:


Tom's new theme song:


Twenty pics that will remind you to stay off the 'roids.

The Boston crowd reminds A-Roid, too:


Whoa. I need another bag of weed.


Phil Spector without his big fake crazy hair. Hahahahahahaha!

Mr. Spector should start practicing his karaoke of Eric's favorite song


= = = = = = = = = =

1 comment:

Missy said...

:) Yay for 5 years!