Tuesday, August 4, 2009

another quickie

My scheds are all out-of-whack this week. The girls are down in NC at their grandma's beach house, and the boys are off doing their own thing. The house has been relatively quiet all week. I wish it was as much fun and games as it sounds, though.

I've been working on a big PITA project in the office for the past couple of weeks. It's finally wrapping up this weekend. I stayed home from work all day today, but working late night tonight and all day tomorrow. Fun stuff.

I didn't even get to enjoy my day at home (other than adding jalepeno Doritos to my toasted PB&J sandwich for lunch). I spent the day working on yardwork and schoolwork. I'm sooooooo tired of writing term papers. Wah.

I finally got registered for a 2009 triathlon. I effed up the registration for the Luray race by waiting too long. I'm set & ready to go in the Taylor Love race, except for planning the afterparty. The finish line is right across the street from Jimmy's....

With all the late hours I've been working at the office, I've been riding home in more and more traffic. Realizing more and more that people are DUMB.

The other day, I'm on the bike trail, crossing a 4-lane 45mph highway, Sterling Blvd. I have a stop sign, and I'm not inclined to get smashed, so I've stopped. Genius in the beige minivan stops to wave me across.

Gee, that's nice, but there's another lane of traffic flying right past the driver's window of her dumb minivan ass. So I keep sitting at my stop sign, and she keeps waving me across, with bigger and bigger arm motions, the rest of the traffic keeps zipping past her, and the cars behind her start blowing their horns. After a minute, she decides that she'll be on her way, and gives me a huge shoulder-shrug while driving past. 100% completely oblivious that she was nicing me into becoming the hood ornament on an F-150.

Second pet peeve of the week - If you can't drive it, park it.

Most of the roads around here are comprised of nice, wide lanes. I hear they drive trucks on these roads sometimes. Big trucks, like with trailers and deliveries and stuff. I'd guess that the average lane width is at least 12' wide, maybe more even.

So don't drive in my blind spot, just pass already and quit hovering. Don't drive on the wrong side of the road when you finally get the nads to pass me.

There's plenty of room for both of us, honest. Unless you're driving Tony's big Budweiser straight truck, we can all fit. There's room for your 6' wide Hyundai, my 18" bike, the window tray from Sonic, and the dog from Vacation still tied to the bumper.

If you can't share that space, park your POS and call a taxi.

= = = = = = = = = =

Only one game this week, but totally worth it. Red Remover will challenge your brains and dexterity, as well as your will to focus on working this afternoon.

= = = = = = = = = =

The Smoking Gun tracks down the losers (creative, yes, but still losers) involved in PrankNet. Besides reading about all of their pranks, the best part of this story is the number of times the words "...in his mom's house..." are written.

SP (you'll always be "SP" to me) has some help with your online shopping: things to avoid! Stay far, far away from Robert in Huntsville. He's trying to impargent womens.

Doesn't matter... your job is NOT this awful.

How much do can you drink before you die? Use this simple web-app to figure it out cocktail-by-cocktail.

Barstool Sports simplifies things a little bit this week: celebrating candy & lollipops. I love a good sucker.

Sometimes it's really easy to spot a virgin...


Why is this news? Why is anyone surprised? Everyone spies on everyone, allies or enemies. That's just the way it is.

The 100 most offensive jokes ever!

Better than Roxanne's Revenge, the Fairfax Rap Response to the Arlington Rap!


= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: