Friday, August 21, 2009

performing on demand

You may or may not be surprised to find out that I don't actually compose the FridayWaster on Friday. If you hadn't caught on before, I'm flattered that you think I'm that efficient or productive. Generally, I collect things and sift thru submissions during the week, assembling them into this post. When Friday actually rolls around, I scribble a quick couple paragraphs as the intro, and *poof* thru the magic of the interwebs, the Waster is born!

Not this time.

We've had a number of issues with networking and connectivity at the office recently, and I've been over-the-top busy trying to convince our corporate IT geniuses that they need to address it. Here's the over-simplification: We deal with data on the scale of 8,000,000Mbits, and our average network connection is 3.5Mbits/sec.

(yes, techies, I roughly converted a terabyte to bits, so the regular people can comprehend the variance in scale.) (yes, techies, I know it's not really that simple.)

I don't get why they don't get it. I feel like I'm explaining to a toddlers that we need to feed the goldfish else it starves to death.

And I'm not on the "good list" anymore. If the IT guys know Santa, my Christmas is screwed. They're playing a lot of dirty tricks and implementing a lot of silliness, and just generally being an irritation. PITFA.

So I've been offline at work all week, and I didn't want to spend my own time on this. It's called the Waster for a reason. But now I'm at home, writing the Waster, and trying to get it done in under 15 minutes. I'm at about 9 already....

= = = = = = = = = =

Max Damage! I haven't played it yet, but the title is perfect.

And a word game for the erudite readers. Both of you.

= = = = = = = = = =

Jules has a doggy style suggestion:


Tracy! Wanna truck?


Donna found some stormtroopers doing the darndest things.

DING! My 15 minutes are over. I'm getting off now. Off line, sorry for scarring your brain with the accidental visuals.

= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: