Monday, August 10, 2009

crying about everything

I posted a Calvin & Hobbes comic a couple weeks back that generated more complaints than any of my whining ever has. It was the one where Calvin was being all growed up, and Hobbes turned back into a stuffed animal. Very sad. I hate when I have to be growed up, and people hated that I posted a sad comic. Maybe this will make up for it. Calvin older, but much happier...


Work has been kicking my tail these past couple weeks. We had a huge project in the works, moving our entire server room to another location up the street. The physical move took place this past weekend, but that was the easy part. Getting everything to play nice in the new network was simply a struggle. Practically every dependency we had on corporate infrastructure failed. There are a few network people who might be selling BigBites or driving pizzas in the near future...

School has been whipping up on me too. Quantity, mostly, not the challenge. We're all adults in class, so it's retarded to have us copying pages of sample code from the textbook. We have jobs & kids & housework to take care of. Teach the lesson & move on. If the students can't handle it, then we're mature enough to shoulder that responsibility. Personally, my reimbursement is pro-rated based on my grades, so you can be damn sure I'm going to smoke every single class.

Stupid people earn a lesser reimbursement; just count it as part of their stupidity tax for the month. Lump it in with their 23% credit card bill, pay-day loan, furniture rental, and shopping at BestBuy.

We had all the kids at home for dinner last night; first time in a couple weeks that we were all there at the same time. It took a while to realize what was bothering me about dinner, but eventually it clicked: We have too many damn kids. Seriously. WTF was the idea? Once they all get mated and start spawning, holidays will be a freaking clusterfck. The FirstLady will be cooking a freaking emu at Thanksgiving.

I'm intentionally not discussing anything football. I told the Skins last night that I was ready for some football, but they didn't seem to hear me.

Anyways, it's been a long couple weeks, and I'm really really really close to having a couple days off. The weekend should be pretty low-key - just hanging with the fam & grilling some burgers & brats.

These are the circles that have been running around in my head this week:


= = = = = = = = = =

Multi-tasking isn't just for work anymore.

I hated these maze games in real life, I don't know why I'm posting this one.

= = = = = = = = = =

I lied. One little football tidbit. Chris Cooley explains the league's dress code, and the fines they have to pay for violations.

Surprise church car-chase. Wait for it....


How to date out of your league. Trust me, I know alllll about this.

Dom still has a lot to learn...


Ha! SpongeDog SquareHead!


Go for it, Granny. I don't plan on getting old, either.
= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: