Friday, September 5, 2008

kickoff fantasy retarded block party week

The neighborhood ended summer with one smashing success of a block party. Days like Sunday remind me just how lucky we are to be surrounded by a rack of good family, friends, and neighbors.

Countless guests, three grills, couple hundred burgers dogs and sausages, beer pong, cornhole, two bands ("Jump Off Crew" and "Augur" - both played excellent sets), beer, face painting, LOTS of beer, moon bounce, and some more beer. mmmmmmmm..... beer.

None of the five officers who visited our block party appear in this video. Not even Officer Ballsey, who was nice enough not to lock my drunk ass up for effing with his nametag while he was trying to convince me that he was in charge.

So, ah, Mikey, do ya have ah reason why you're ah drivin' in de breakdown lane, dere?
Check out the whole series of retarded policeman vids here.

Yes, I know I should have posted pics from the block party. Eh. If you made it to the party, you don't need the pics anyway. I'll get 'em done this weekend.

After cleaning up after the party on Monday, we spent Labor Day at our friends' pool party. It was an easy, relaxing kinda day, and it was also my first 'fantasy football' draft. I think I may have disappointed a few people with my lack of focus on the draft. I'm just not all wired up about tracking anything and everything about a whole slew of players every week. I am rather looking forward to talking smack to the other losing coaches (is that the right word?) in the league.

On the flip side, I'm TOTALLY stoked about real-world football season starting. My 'skins didn't look so good against the Giants last night, so that was a bit of a downer. I wasn't actually Zorny enough to think that we could win an away game against the defending superbowl champs. But dammit, I was hoping that our offense was at least going to make the trip to NY to join the rest of the team on the field.

The weather has kinda effed up plans for this weekend. We were heading to DE for a day of skydiving. One of the hurricanes decided to reschedule our trip. *sigh* I'm sure we'll get into something else fun, we've got a few plans being made with the others who were going on the road trip, but whatever we do will generate juuuuuuust a little bit less adrenaline.

The hurricane has also shut down my kid's school. Campus is closed thru the weekend; so he drove back home last night. It was kinda cool to hang out mid-week and mid-semester with him; not something we get much of a chance to do.

=================
A simple little brain-game waster. Kinda cool. The directions aren't very clear; basically you just move tiles to match the colors.
http://static.onemorelevel.com/games3/hexiomconnect.swf

This could be another winner, or it could suck nads. I didn't have a chance to play it yet...
http://games.mochiads.com/c/g/jayisgames-escape/casual_gameplay_escape.swf

=================
Try Me! (ummmmm, no thank you.)

The new Metallica.

The military has the coolest toys.

=================

No comments: