Wednesday, October 15, 2008

5 into 4

Ever seem to notice that a shortened week doesn't always coincide with a lighter workload? After taking the Monday holiday this week, I think I pinched at least 5.5 days of work into the remaining 4 days of the week. *sigh*

Yesterday I said to myself, "cool, tomorrow's Friday already!' Then about 10 minutes later, I said to myself, "Holy rat nuts, tomorrow's Friday already, and I'm nowhere near done with my workload." Fuggitall though, I'm done with this week, and the work will still be here on Monday.

My kid is heading home from school today. He's staying with his mom for a few days during Fall Break. His last class ends at 3pm, then he's hitting I-95 to get here in time for the HS Homecoming game. Kickoff is 730... balancing the fact that he's got to deal with Friday traffic with the fact that he usually averages just under 100mph, and he'll prolly get here just in time.

The rest of the kids are all with their other parents this weekend, so we've got a little bit of NoKid time available. M'Lady is doing dinner tonight with a few of her friends, and I've got plans to tip a beer or two at Glory Days. Not a lot of beers, though because tomorrow starts rather early. Dunno what else the evening has in store yet. NoKid weekends get a little random sometimes.

We're heading out to meet a few friends at the big wine tasting at Long Branch. The festival opens at 7am, and they've got all sorts of stuff planned thru the day: hot air balloons, classic car show, fair games and rides, and lots n lots n lots of wine. $10 to get into the festival, then all you can drink for another $10. I've never been WineDrunk before lunch. This'll be a whole new experience.

= = = = = = = = = =

mmmmmm.... beach volleyball. Well, almost; they are wearing bikinis. I still don't know what to think about the big impaling spike in the middle of the court.

If the campaigning hasn't scared you enough, Amanda found a game that just might help you visualize just how bad it would be.

Mikey got this to me just under the wire today. Silly little game with a Halloween theme.

Another classic, if you remember it. The Halloween theme is a stretch, and not everyone gets it. If you do it, the reward is sooooooo worth it.

= = = = = = = = = =

What sort of list do you expect when the weakest entry is the pig tail butt plug? NSFW

Upside down dogs. The name says it all.

I swear that I did not set the curtains on fire while having cybersex with Leslie!

Check out what made it on Jon's Christmas List.



= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: