Monday, October 20, 2008

ouch

Starting this post with Kim's PSA.

I'm so tired of the election already. Just a few more weeks. I'd rather lose my shoe on a telephone pole than to watch one more effing campaign ad...


This week has FLOWN past. I dunno where it went. It may have something to do with my 3-day buzz last weekend. We started Friday after dinner up to hang out for a minute at the Hole. I got toasty and she got tired, so she left me there. oops. We closed down GDays, then headed next door to close down Ned's 2 hours later. I was feeling mighty fine by the time I was dropped off at the house.

Bright & early Saturday morning we headed out west for the balloon & wine festival. I was drinking w/ John & Mike long before lunchtime, while the girls watched the kids and chatted about how stupid boys are. The day was gorgeous, the wine was flowing, and the people were great. WineDrunk is just so casual. We chatted with some old friends that we didn't know would be at the festival, and made a lot of new friends, too.

I took a nap on the way to dinner, then had a couple drinks, then took a nap on the way to a party, then had a couple drinks, then took a nap on the way home before finally laying down for a bit of rest. (Note: WineDrunks do not "pass out".... napping is much classier.)

Sunday was football day. Kudos to Chrispy for coming thru with tix to the Redskins game. I've got big man-love for him lately. And man-love to Seth, too, for introducing me to the proper way to tailgate at FedEx. We spent a few hours with a whole crew of good people, cooking up cheese steaks and onion rings. I'm DEFINITELY visiting Chez Mike again sometime in the future.

After a couple hours hanging at the grill, it was time to wander the parking lot. Craziness. I love it. We met the Art Monks, dressed in religious robes. We played cornhole. We spent some time down in the RV zone. We met the hip-hop school bus owners, and got a little tour of their digs. I got in trouble for yelling WITH the Cleveland fans against some a-hole inhospitable tards.

The seats were great, and most of our neighbors were awesome. Except the tea-totalling guy sitting to the left. He didn't seem as entertained as me and Chrispy. He would have been a lot less cranky if he'd could afford an $8 beer.

After the game, we got lost. Not turned around, or mis-directed. Lost. No effing clue where we were. Plus, we were out of beer. It was HELL. So we had to make new friends. Corvette guy and BMW chick. Corona guys. We even hung out with the nutcase OMFUG guys for a while. I still can't believe those drunk effers were the ones that saved our tails and helped us get back to base camp.

I left my jacket in the truck, Kristin stole my gloves, and I totally lost my hat. I didn't lose my cell phone though! (Remember Buffett? I don't.)

Besides all that, I've been working and schooling all week long. I'm heading out the door in a minute to start the weekend. Me & my sibs are all donating blood this afternoon, it's a whole family thing. We get to laugh and joke and irritate the crap out of the nurses who are way too serious.

Happy Weekend!

= = = = = = = = = =

This one proves that the gameplay is soooo much more important than the graphics.

Mikey found a classic Halloween game: cat bowling!

= = = = = = = = = =

My buddy Brent's 350z is for sale. For real.

I'm searching for this explanation, too. Totally not fair. We never had kid shows like these when I was growing up!

Denise's dream wedding.

Whoooohooooo! As soon as I retire, I'm blazing like California.

What with the embedded videos already...?
Unbelievable McCain Vs. Obama Dance-Off - Watch more free videos

= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: