Friday, October 10, 2008

time to relax

So last weekend was my 20th HS reunion. I was on the organization committee, but really wasn't sure what to expect. How many people would show up, who changed, who stayed the same, cliques, stress.... the whole thing was a big unknown. We (the org committee) just wanted things to go smoothly.

It exceeded every possible expectation. LOTS of people came out for the event. We had people in town literally from all over the globe - Brian traveled from frickin' Germany for the party. Out of towners started arriving late last week, so we planned a happy hour for Friday afternoon. We started yapping, and "happy hour" turned into "closed the bar".

Saturday ran right in the same line. Cocktails and dinner started at 7pm, and ran straight thru til the ballroom closed at 11pm. Hotel bar was still open, so the party moved down there, til last call at 2am when we moved to the outdoor patio for Cheetos and a few more beverages. There were just too many stories to hear and not enough time to share them all.

I'm still rather confused about all the old people at the reunion. No effing way they graduated with me.

In other school news, I started back to class on WED night. Bleh. The two week break between summer and fall sessions just isn't enough. It was just the first class, so the time investment this week wasn't so bad, but I'm sure it'll be grinding away at me soon enough.

And while I'm just starting the semester, Kid1 is coming home in 8 days for his Fall Break. The scheds worked out really well for him b/c it's the same weekend as his HS homecoming.

This coming weekend is full, but everything is really low key. Tonight we're doing nothing but hang out with the kids a bit. Tomorrow daytime is a little BBQ / pig roast / family reunion thing. I'm hoping that the pig cooks fast, b/c I looooooooove me some hog jowls.

We're leaving the BBQ early to attend a wedding in the afternoon. I'm totally stoked for this wedding. More accurately, I'm stoked for the reception. I don't get to hang out with this group as often as I'd like to, so I enjoy it even more when we do get together.

Now while I'm doing the fam thing tomorrow, you all need to get out to SterlingFest to see Augur. They're on stage at 145. I'm gonna keep talking about these guys 'til you start listening, so start listening, dammit.

Sunday will be spent watching football at my sister's house. I mean, we're going for her birthday party, and just maybe might see a little football while we're there. I'm not sure why she wanted a birthday during NFL season, but that's the way it is. She didn't seem interested when I suggested changing the date to a more convenient time of year.

I so totally can't wait for the election to be over already. I'm tired of hearing this voice.


= = = = = = = = = =

I'm running low on game submissions. You slackers have been letting me down lately. I can't waste everybody's time without a little help from the monkeys. So get busy on it, k?

The samurai is cool, but the game runs kinda slow. I just want to keep on hacking and slashing.

Bloons mixed with Tower Defense. Not my bag.

I don't even know how to describe this game. You control the bouncing ball, and have to collect stars, and jump on the flying saucer heads. It's like one of those irritating cartoon songs with the red ball bouncing on the lyrics as the scroll across the bottom of the screen. Then gravity switches directions. huh?

= = = = = = = = = =

(giggle) (thanks denise & jon)


Jess found some creepy old ads.

I recognize the movie, but it seems they took out all the good parts. All that's left this crap:


Like you've never had a bar tab before? Right.

Effed up tatts. (The Clemson one is fake, here are the originals.)

= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: