Wednesday, October 29, 2008

my favorite holiday

Eff politics. I'm over it. Unless McSame sneaks in somehow, then you'll have to hear me cry about it next week. Otherwise, I'm done with the topic.

It's HALLOWEEN!
Mikey found this pic that reminded me of the going-away Halloween Party at the old house. Unfortunately, some of you know exactly what I'm talking about....


This hasn't been a simple week so far, so I'm really looking forward to a little escapism tonight. Workstuff, homestuff, kidstuff... it's all been rather nuts recently.

The kids have been a bit out of whack all week, maybe b/c of the holiday, maybe not. Irritating either way. I got a copy of Kid1's midterm grades... if he doesn't get his ass in line those grades will be his LAST-term grades. No way I'm paying for classes that he won't earn credits for. Where the F did he inherit laziness and a crappy work ethic?

So I'm more than ready to get away from the stress and tension tonight.

The weekend is rather calm, too. We're going to my buddy's wedding Saturday, which should be a really good time. And the 'Skins don't play til Monday Night, so football Sunday will be less of a production, too. (btw - I'm pretty sure we'll wind up at the Hole for the Monday night game.)

= = = = = = = = = =

Leslie sent in the only way to carve a pumpkin without getting guts under your nails:

Another good halloween themed game, GhostScape.

Study the melons. I love melons. (Kinda, or definitely, NSFW, depending on which options you select.)

= = = = = = = = = =

Amazing cool creepy nasty pumpkin carving.

The simple costumes are the best costumes. The page is a little funky, but scroll all the way to the right to check out the graph of last year's best sellers.

Rock n roll guitar geeks, this site will claim your entire weekend.

More music stuff... from MTV no less. Shocked? Me too. They took the M out of TV a long time ago. This MTV site gets back to the goodness though. They're posting EVERY music video in their entire collection. No, I didn't verify their claim to EVERY, but I did click around a bit to find some old Headbanger's Ball material.

Always think twice before clicking send.

JBibby sent in a good set of retarded vids:
One
Two
Three

= = = = = = = = = =

No comments: